In this section you will learn basic safety
practices when handling firearms. By the end of the Firearm Safety section
you will be able to:
1. State the four primary safety rules
of handling firearms.
2. Describe the proper procedure for
accepting a firearm from another person.
3. State the five steps required to
safely unload a firearm.
4. Describe the proper procedure for
loading a firearm.
5. Identify four firearm safety types
and state two reasons why they might not prevent a firearm from discharging.
6. List five items you need to
clean a firearm and describe the general cleaning procedure.
7. List five things you can do to make firearms and ammunition safe
for storage in a home or camp.